Ghost workers in Kuwait
Kuwait’s Ministry of Information has found that a biometric system installed to check attendance has actually revealed that some employees who have left for overseas are still claiming salaries.
Ministry sources told the Arab News that the fingerprint attendance system uncovered many employees who continued to receive their monthly salaries although they were absent from duty for several years, in addition to those who traveled abroad without permission and even some held behind bars on legal issues.
The same sources told the newspaper that the authorities next month will start deducting salaries and hold absentees accountable for their actions, along with those who skip the fingerprint attendance system on a regular basis.
They noted the implementation of the system has uncovered the reality of all problems and complications the ministry endured throughout the years, and last week, about 3,000 of the estimated 7,500 employees were compelled to apply for leave.
The fingerprint system was adopted by the Ministry of Information upon directives from the sector minister Sheikh Salman Al- Hamoud and Undersecretary Tareq Al- Muzrim who vowed to embark on a journey to reform the ministry’s administrative procedure.
Kuwait News
- Events in Kuwait
- Kuwait Cabinet advises reopening some car businesses
- User Id and passwords issued to renew online residence
- Egyptian smuggles compatriots for KD 50 from Jleeb
- 22 Nurses infected with coronavirus in one Hospital
- As per SUTD, Coronavirus crisis in Kuwait will end on May 29 (AlRai)
- Recommendation added to open main mosques with precautions and grant for salaries
- MOH: Difficult to sure that work will resume normally after Eid
- Coronavirus cases in Kuwait as of 25.04.2020
- Filipino infected with coronavirus commits suicide in Amiri hospital
- 3 nurses infected with coronavirus in Kuwait
- Imprisonment for a month and a fine of 100 KD
- Coronavirus cases in Kuwait as of 24.04.2020
- Curfew shopping allowed in 36 cooperative societies (Kuwait Times)
- Total curfew update on Jleeb and Mahboula
- Partial curfew Extended in Kuwait
- Co-operative society employee infected by coronavirus
- Kuwait Flour Mills clarifies on Rumaithiya branch
- Lifting of curfew or likely to extend 2 more weeks
- Today, 28 flights will land to Kuwait
- 500 people quarantined in Hawally

Filed in: All • Expats in Kuwait • Local News