Philippines, Kuwait agree to repatriate undocumented Pinoys
THE Philippines and Kuwait have agreed to repatriate some 250 overstaying Filipinos there in a bid to purge the oil-rich country of its massive number of illegal aliens.vIn a statement, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait successfully repatriated a total of 95 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to Manila last month, and is expected to send home another batch of 155 Filipinos this September.
The second batch will include five medically ill patients and 100 workers without valid visas, and 50 workers without passports but with valid residency status.vThe 105 OFWs without valid visas will be repatriated without undergoing the usual detention.vThey will also be transported straight to the airport from the embassy.
According to the embassy, there were “mixed emotions” at the Kuwait International Airport when the first batch of 95 Filipinos were repatriated.v”Some of the OFWs [were] in tears and some [were] in a jubilant mood over the thought of returning home,” the embassy said.
One OFW, Rosie, a long-time undocumented worker, conveyed her gratitude to the Philippine Embassy “for its untiring efforts in ensuring that OFWs without valid residency status are allowed to go home with their dignity and self-respect intact.”v”We understand that our OFWs left the Philippines for Kuwait because they aspire for a better life for their families and loved ones. They, therefore, deserve all the assistance the Philippine government can give them, especially when they return to the Philippines and face the challenges of life back home,” Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Renato Villa said.
The envoy is encouraging more undocumented OFWs in Kuwait to avail of the embassy’s mass repatriation program. The program is in cooperation with the Kuwait Ministry of Interior through its assisted voluntary repatriation program (AVRP), which seeks to address the rising number of illegal expatriates in Kuwait. (CVB/Sunnex)
Kuwait News
- Events in Kuwait
- Two dead bodies found in plane
- Best smartwatch released in 2022: The HUAWEI WATCH GT 3 Pro is Elegance on your wrist: An everlasting masterpiece
- 65 deaths from road accidents in the first three months of 2022
- Meet the new HUAWEI WATCH KIDS 4 Pro
- Why the new HUAWEI nova 9 SE is the one to go for ?
- Vaccination Certificate must be updated before travel
- Kuwait returns staff capacity to 100% and no PCR is required for incoming passengers
- Liberation Tower is now open for the public to visit
- Proposal on health insurance of KWD 500/- does not covers 39 services for expats above 60
- No entry visa required from Jan 1, 2022
- The regional launch of the new Trendy Flagship and Camera King – HUAWEI Nova 9
- Cancellation of ‘no work permit renewal’ decision for 60s ruled out; KD 1,000 fee, high insurance on table
- The Philippines ends ban on workers travel
- Filipina maid arrested
- 5,000 passengers arrivals per day from May 22
- No curfew hours from 1st day of Eid
- Warn India deaths may double in coming weeks | COVID-19 forecasters
- Transfer of residence after 1 yr of work instead of 3 yrs
- Back to Cinemas, on Eid
- 215,000 expats left Kuwait in 2020

Comments (7)
Filed in: All • Expats in Kuwait • Local News • News
Very bad news…..we don’t need them anymore….please don’t allow them back.
I am in need of urgent House Helper and Driver in USA. contact me if Interested along with Resume. roberthandersonhall500(at)gmail .com or andersonhall939(at) gmail .com
good job.. congrats…may tanong lng ako paano pag walang passport tapos walang visa.at overstay na mhigit 3 taon..ano dapat gwin? hndi ba mkukulong? may babayaran ba na penalty? pls.. reply.. thnk you..
That's to kuwait government for assisting Filipino workers theres problem in this country…
Job will done…mabuhay!
Job will done…mabuhay!
Thamk you to kuwait goverment to helping people all Filipino working here.may 'God'Allah blessing.♥